Senior Living Careers in North Carolina
Join our team.
Explore opportunities to join an organization that recognizes commitment and supports continued growth. You’ll find UMRH communities are the kind of place where people decide to build a career. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities to learn and grow.
For current openings, use the links below to visit the Careers page of a UMRH community near you.
General employment inquiries:
UMRH Corporate Office
Attn: Lisa Sealy
2600 Croasdaile Farm Parkway, Suite A-500
Durham, NC 27705
Current Positions Available
Participates and/or assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of both general giving and special fundraising activities for The United Methodist Retirement Homes, Inc. (UMRH) and The United Methodist Retirement Homes Foundation (UMRHF). Assists with responsibility for activities such as annual giving campaigns, specified fundraising events, donor stewardship, and solicitation of gifts and sponsorships from individuals and/or corporations and maintains the records of the UMRH Foundation. Serves as recording secretary and keeper of records for UMRH and UMRHF. Highly preferred experience in Blackbaud, Excel, Adobe Illustrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Development – 50%
- Plan and execute special fundraising activities, events and newsletters
- Ex: Golf Tournament
- Coordinates preparation of the UMRH and UMRHF in Annual Report. Serves as recording secretary and keeper of records for the UMRHF and UMRH.
- Processes scholarship applications, coordinates award events.
- Coordinates all mailings and special solicitations. Ex: Mother’s Day Offering and Year End.
- Assists in maintaining and posting to UMRH, UMRH community and UMRHF websites.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, webinars.
- Gather information and publish brochures and tributes.
- Processes Invoices.
- Assists Director of Development with Foundation Budget.
- Serves as Office Coordinator. ie. Process all mail, maintain files, maintain postage machine, order and maintain office supplies, process invoices
- Organizes and supervises volunteers for special events.
- Ensures the organization’s compliance with fundraising policies and with relevant grant and foundation requirements. Ensures compliance with IRS 501 (c)(3) requirements.
Donor Records Management – 50%
- Maintains all donor gifts and manages donor database using Blackbaud.
- Assist with cultivating new donors and provides statistics to the Director of Development.
- Monitors and prepares reports for fundraising progress.
- Provides financial progress reports to the Director of Development.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma and at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Experience in a healthcare, retirement housing or non-profit industry preferred. Experience in database management. Strongly preferred experience in Blackbaud, Excel, Adobe Illustrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of institutional fundraising, promotional, and/or public affairs programs, methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to coordinate volunteers.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate media activities and special events.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to detail
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 128+ hours of annual Paid Time Off PLUS Holiday Pay and PTO Sellback/Cash-in
- Choices of affordable and comprehensive Health Insurance options for Employee, Child, Family and/or Spouse Dental Plan
- Prescription Drugs Plan
- Vision Plan
- 403 (b) Plan (retirement plan with employer matching program)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Employee Scholarships
- Group Term Life/AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Short-Term Disability Insurance, Cancer, Critical Illness and Whole Life Insurance
- Wellness Plan that is attached to the medical benefits
- Employee Assistance Program and Work-Life Services
- Reduced fees for onsite Massage Therapist and Chiropractor Payroll Deduction for Meals (onsite dining room)
- Access to resident pool, fitness center and scenic walking trails